FC Kansas City Youth Club is pleased to announce Gigi Gray as the new website and social media coordinator. Gigi will be responsible for creating fun, educating and engaging social media content for the club.
Gigi grew up in Kansas City, Mo. and played soccer for KCFC, Sporting Blue Valley and St. Teresa’s Academy. Her club coach was our new Executive Director, Huw Williams. She played center back on the ’96 Sporting Blue Valley ECNL team and won a Missouri State Championship with STA in 2015.
She will be entering her senior year at KU next fall.
“I am really excited about the opportunity to work with FCKC [youth] under Huw Williams,” said Gray. “Soccer has always been a huge part of my life and I am looking forward to getting back into it with this. Not to mention, working with Huw should be a fun time!”
Here are some fun facts about Gigi:
1. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own or owned? My jean jacket from Gap. I can wear it with anything. Or any pair of my tennis shoes...you can never have too many pairs of shoes.
2. What job would you be terrible at? Definitely a librarian. I talk too much and am way too loud to work in that environment. I also am terrible at finishing books.
3. What movie title best describes your life? Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants...I am the youngest of four girls so as you can imagine we have our fair share of clothing that goes between us.
4. What song(s) have you memorized? Too many to count...but almost any country song I will know enough to mumble along.
5. What show did you last binge watch? Beverly Hills 90210
6. What’s the dumbest thing you have ever done that actually turned out pretty well? In high school I overslept for a history final. I woke up in a panic at 9:30 when the test started at 9. I called the school and got a hold of the teacher who let me come in and take it later that day. I ended up having a longer time to study for that one...
7. What’s the best single day on the calendar? “That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25th. Because it’s not too hot and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.” - Miss Congeniality
8. What could you do a 40 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Kansas Basketball
9. Would you rather go hang gliding, hiking or to a beach? Can I combine two? I will always pick going to a beach but hiking along the beach is awesome. I would have to imagine that hang gliding would not go over well for me.
10. Best soccer memory? I have two. One is obvious: winning State with St. Teresa’s my senior year. I got to end my soccer career on a win. The second was bittersweet. I tore my ACL junior year just weeks before heading to nationals with my Sporting Blue Valley team. I still made the trip to Richmond, Virginia where my team ended up making it to the finals of our division. Huw was my coach at the time along with Doug McLagan. They had me start the game by doing the kickoff before subbing off the field to say that I played in Nationals. That was pretty awesome.